Saturday, June 4, 2011

LEARNING TO LIVE "IN THE NOW"

In the first months of my moving home I really struggled to cope with the continual pain I was in, and with having lost what had been my life. It was during this time that I wrote ‘Living in the Now’.

 

Living in the Now


Tomorrow is not here
And in some small way
We must get through today
And live as only we know how.

Walking ‘in the now’ takes all two feet
But with one foot in the past
It is impossible to complete
Steps
Real steps
Real steps towards

Real steps towards a hope-FULL future


Both feet in the present

Taking wee steps in the now

Is the only way to freedom
The only way to live
Right here. Right now
In this moment

We must rid ourselves of our past guilt-debts
And actively deal with and face our fears
So that we can truly appreciate
This moment that is here

© Gabrielle Bryce

17 October, 2000