Tuesday, October 25, 2011

THE LOST RADIOTHERAPY TAPES – 'HOPE FOR METAMORPHOSIS’





The following Dictaphone entry was so quiet, because of the extreme weakness I was experiencing, that I had to listen to it several times to hear what was said.

“It’s weird but I’ve been thinking of late about caterpillars and butterflies. For the first part of a butterfly’s life it is a relatively boring, camouflaged creature. For the 2nd phase of its life it goes into seeming hibernation. During this stage in the life of a butterfly nothing seems to be happening, and yet the most amazing transformation is occurring. After the period of unseen development it emerges as a beautiful butterfly.

I’m beginning to wonder if that is what this time is, if this is my cocoon stage and that maybe, just maybe, I will one day emerge from this as a beautiful butterfly and will be able to spread my wings and fly.”