Wednesday, August 10, 2011

PRAISING GOD BEFORE RADIOTHERAPY


(TRANSCRIPT FROM ONE OF MY DICTAPHONE JOURNAL TAPES)


“I don’t know if it’s human nature or just me, but when I go out in the spa at night and I look up at the sky and see the myriad of stars, my heart immediately wants to praise God as He somehow seems so much more real in that stillness. However, when I look up and there are clouds in the sky, praise isn’t the first thing that comes to mind– in fact it doesn’t come to mind at all.

This makes me wonder if it is perhaps human nature to praise God when we see clear indications of Him, and physical evidence of a creator. But when there are, metaphorically speaking, ‘clouds’ over our lives and the beauty isn’t as evident, we don’t automatically praise Him, if we do it at all. We may still believe God is real, but it’s not on the tip of our tongue to praise Him.”